Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Two Finishes...


Variant of Interest - Long Dog Samplers.  A finish!  Finish #12 for 2022.  Anchor Black 403 floss, used 7 skeins, one over one, on 28 count Brash Lugana.  I LOVED this...  It is my breast cancer project.  And I know the designer had in mind the pandemic when she named the design, but for me, it also means breast cancer that doesn't appear as the lump we are all taught to feel and check for. 

Knightmare (mirrored) - Courtney Collection.  Finished tonight.  Finish #13 for 2022.  Done on 28 count Dove Gray jobelan using dmc 3799.  I was stitching this before I noticed I had a problem, and I got halfway done before starting the Variant of Interest project.  And I finished the other half after having the breast removed. 

They are still on the same piece of fabric, same floss.  

There are so many things I could say about having breast cancer.  My local breast cancer group did help pay for the biopsy and appointments to get me diagnosed.  I have always said I would be fine with a breast being removed, and when it happened, I was.  But it's not what you expect.  The breast removed was not a big deal, but whoever sewed this did a crappy job.  I refer to it as an 8 year old boy home school sewing project.... and he is not happy about the assignment, or clearly doesn't care about the results.  I have two cleavages, and a corner.  WTF???  I can't make this up.  The painful part is the lymph node arm stuff.  Wow.  Nobody is saying that at all. 

It took me days to finally pick up the needle again.  I wanted to, I just couldn't.  It took a bit longer than I expected.  But I'm back, and stitching.  Their next plan is to start chemo.  But basically, I had something that was stage 2/3, and I should survive this.  But they do a body scan in a couple days looking for anything else weird.  That's scary.  I'm not scared of the chemo, but that body scan,  that I am a bit worried about.