I have now finished my third chemo. It's every two weeks, so it doesn't sound like much, but it has been two months actually. My friend cut my hair down to just beard stubble level. I ended up wearing a winter hat in the house just to deep my head warm. I bought 26 more hats, spend $4 or $6 each, so over $100 in hats from a box store. Then a hardware box store offered their $2 hats for a $1 each, and I got 11 more. It sounds crazy, they can be washed, but you want the not washed softness. Some of the hats were women's and some are men's. The man's hats had a camo version. It made me laugh to think a man would be sent to buy a chemo hat for a woman, and come home with a camo hat instead. So I had to buy 4 camo chemo hats for myself. I knew once it snowed, the hat supply would be gone. So I stocked up. It costs less than a burger to buy myself a new hat once a week, I just had to buy them all up front. I have felt fine through this so far. I tell the nurses I have nothing to whine about, so I'm not gonna whine. I feel fine. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I am not trying to work a full time job and do chemo. That would be stressful.
1 day ago