Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Finished #17 and #18 for 2022...

SalemSisters II - Plum Street Samplers.  Finish #17 for 2022.  This was a restart on a different fabric.  And it's a lovely fabric.  Colour and Cotton Spiced Honey lugana 28 count, one over one, using the suggested fancy flosses.  I skipped adding the extra stuff at the top.  Sometimes less is just more. 

Finish #18 for 2022.  This was the first version, and I grabbed just an antique white 28 count jobelan.  I just felt it looked like a new stitchers first project done on a white fabric.  Hence the restart.  But there was nothing wrong with it, so I decided to just finish stitching it too.  It's one over one, so no RIP in the fire flames.  I did stitch the center diamonds in black, they are supposed to be gray, but it's finished.  

I'm happy that I got that many finished for the year.  And many, like these, were 2022 starts, that actually did get finished.  

To start 2023, I grabbed from the already started pile again, and found I was missing a floss, so on the second day of the new year.... I was out to buy a dmc floss.  I had even stitched a bit of that color.  I clearly had it at some point.  I used to make a list of what I had already started, but it doesn't really matter.  Why waste time making a list, when you can be spending time stitching?