Saturday, November 4, 2023

How Many Things Are In This Pattern???


 A Peacock, A Unicorn and a Badger from Scarlet Letter.  The outline idea has made this more fun.  And it has been less than 7 days since my last posting, and it has changed so much.  I am almost through my first skein of the outline color.  Not everything is outlined in that color.  The size is about two legal sheets of paper, side by side, as a rough estimate since I know it is hard to tell from photos.  And it is on 25 count, one over one, which for me fills in nicely without a fight on lugana when you are going to fill something in solid.  Stitched area should be 12.64 inches, by 14 inches.  I think the pattern says it is 320 x 340, but the pattern is actually 316 x 351.  So if you have the pattern, you might want to put a note in it to double check a few things before starting it.  I'm already thinking I want lots more of the background floss color before I start to fill that in, just so I can have the same dyelot.  But the background is a while before I get to that point.  I will give it that - this pattern has it all.  If you want to stitch outlines, and placement...  you can.  If you want just mindless fill in the background, you can.  if you want detail work, fussy stitching, it has that.  If you just want simple two color things, it has that.  I have lots of things that still need a partial thread to complete that area.  But I am trying not to just waste thread.  So I'm hoping I will have enough outlines done to be able to find other areas to use the rest of the thread in that color.