Tuesday, July 7, 2026

My version of something patriotic for the 4th and 250 years


 A new start - 272 Words - Primrose Needleworks.  Using fancy suggested flosses.  Using 28 count lambswool jobelan.  One over one.  Oh, they were out of the fancy green, so I got the suggested dmc instead.  I wanted to do something patriotic for the 250 year thing, but not exactly.  I have liked this since it came out, but my ex was a big Lincoln person, so when it came out, it was too soon.  Now it is years later, I still like the pattern, so I decided stitching the Gettysburg Address works for me.  So far I have 106 words stitched of the 272 in the main text section.  There are fifty stars, and I don't have them all in yet, but I have more than half.  I don't mind words - if I did, this would be awful.