Monday, March 25, 2019

Some of This, A Little of That...

Started and finished the new Little House Needleworks - Home of a Needleworker.  On 30 ct portabello since I had it in my stash, but it is the called for I think.  Two over two.
Finished size is 6 x 6.5 inches.  I would like to try it again, or a 28 ct, one over one.  But the new floss colors are lovely.  I wanted to do it in the suggested version first.  My #5 finish for 2019.
I tried to put the interfacing on the back - I can't find my interfacing...  but I know I have some.  
Started this - Jenny Bean's Humble Servant from Shakespeare's Peddler.  It's on 28 ct antique white but camera shows yellow or cream.  Using the called for fancy flosses, one over one.
Then went to Long Dog Sampler - The Token, and filled in a few more motifs.  I still love this - it is 25 count, one over one, using just a white Sulky, and that is the perfect combination.  Thread sits higher on the fabric - giving it texture.  7.5 x 9 inches. 
Then I broke out something old to work on, this is where is was when I picked it up again..
This is where it is now.  Plum Street - Blackbird Fraktur.  Using called for fancy flosses, on 28 ct PTP Doubloon lugana, one over one.  I had to look up when I worked on it, a year ago in March.  It's much closer now.  Hoping to hang with this till I am done.  I bought the other older one recently, but I wanted to put them on the same fabric - it's not showing up correctly here, but it's lovely on Doubloon.