Courtney Collection - Mermaid's Folly.
12 of 24 pages completed.
With a skein of dmc floss to show scale. I have seen people stitching this and it can be really big. And it's lovely really big. But mine isn't big. Saying I have 12 of 24 pages completed gives no scale.
This year has been my - stitch on the stuff you already started - plan. This is not a brag or anything like that. It was MY mess, but I really had no clue the size of the mess. The photos are after my sorting and organizing. I would buy a tote bin and put stuff in it. And then get another bin. Buy stuff that seemed to be going out of print, or was out of print. These photos are same stuff, different angles. I counted my started things, I wanted an approximate number. That number is 75. It's not the real number, there are more started things on a sewing room table pile. In the photo are a bunch of kitted but not started things. Not 75 more, but I didn't count those. It is not my other patterns, or finished patterns, or fabric stash. That is in stackable plastic totes. There are not things with just a hundred stitches, or a dozen stitches. They are real projects I have multiple stitching days on.
I was honestly wanting to order some pattern. A bit like a junkie to be honest. I was looking at something from market... The first handful of stuff I grabbed out to sort - had the market pattern I was gonna order. Meaning I do not know what I already have. And exactly WHY I needed to sort and organize what I already have. And I used to have an excel spreadsheet with designer and pattern names and stitch counts of all the patterns I have - but eventually, you don't update that anymore. Seeing what I already have - I don't need MORE. I want to stitch the things I have. In all the patterns I handled while sorting, I did not reconsider a single one. And I don't want to order more.
1 day ago