BlackBird Designs - Winter is Past. Used the suggested fancy flosses, one ove one. Used 32 count Floba, which was just something new to try for me. Floba is available from a couple of the usual easy cross stitch order places. This is standard, natural oatmeal, as the color. It seems to come in 18, 25, 32. I don't know a lot about it, but it's an evenweave, and it's slightly different on the back and the front. Maybe it has some mottling on one side, but not the other. When I started this, I had trouble stitching on it, only because the count just seemed so small. 28 is my comfort zone. 32 can sometimes be uncomfortable. But it's just lovely fabric. I know I bought more of the 25 count to have in my stash. It's not weird, or tight, but it IS a nice alternative to have in your stash if you like evenweaves. I have stitched on this pattern maybe three different times to get to the point of the above photo. I just wasn't making much progress each time. THIS time, everything just felt comfortable, and I had no problem with stitching it. No clue why this round was different. Nothing has changed in my stitching life. I did stitch this on the less mottled side of the fabric. But if you were looking for an old natural linen type color, with the natural flecks in the fabric, but wanted that in evenweave.... Flobe might interest you. It is a Zweigart fabric I think.
This is the finished photo. Ironed and everything. I skipped the date and initials. I didn't do my fancy stitches of the berries in the basket in alternate colors, or the heart, or the big basket. I skipped adding the second color the the flying bird. I just liked the simplier versions. But it's a lovely pattern. I'm glad to have it finished as I started it years ago, but it's my first 2022 finish, and with a title like - Winter is Past... it may have been wishful thinking as my year ended and a new year began.
1 day ago