Wednesday, August 9, 2023

From the Started Pile of stuff...

Teresa Kogut - Newcastle Bouquet.  Pulled back out, and it sure won't get to the end this time either.  Finished the basket, and started the leaves, flower, and then the bird.  Decided to fill in the upper border section that was missing as a break from the center section.  My goal is to finish the border this round and enjoy stitching on the center section.  The border is dmc, the bird is dmc, the leaves are fancy floss. I noticed I have the Cayenne red called for, but I have the Classic Colorworks version, not the Weeks Dye Works version that is called for.  And I don't seem to have it in my stash, so that is why I used the dmc version for the bird too.  I know I picked dmc for the border so I would not run out.  At this point, I wanna finish things as I go along, not leave a half done leaf and wonder if it is fancy or dmc floss.  I did write what I was doing in my stitching notes on the blog, but I was not smart enough to write it on the pattern.  The designer has lovely patterns, but having now started several, there sure are LOTS of stitches to stitch in her patterns. 

 

Photo showing where it was when I picked it back up again.  It was May? of 2021 last time I worked on it at all.  And just to give you an idea of size, it's about the size of a legal sheet of paper.

I also finished stitching the block borders for Shores of Hawk Run Hollow before it was tossed back in the pile.  No photo, but it was an entire day of stitching to get that completed.