Wednesday, August 30, 2023

More Than Halfway This Time.

Teresa Kogut - Newcastle Bouquet.   I finished the right hand side completely.  At this point, I need a break from it, but I got way more done than I expected to get done this time.  I need to fill in just a bit more so I am not confused about - was I using the fancy floss or the dmc floss.  But just adding a few more threads solves that.  

As for real life stuff...  I sent off my response to the IRS, and they suggested it would be there on a Tuesday...  It was due Wednesday.  I was mailing it the Friday before at 4:30pm at the main post office.  It had lots of pages, it needed to be weighed, it had a due date.   So I was asking how to make that happen for sure.  They said Tuesday arrival.  I could just pay that, or, get Tuesday with tracking for $11.  Or I could overnight it for $28.  The IRS is closed Saturday, overnight seemed silly, and expensive.  But tracking did sound like a good idea, gave the $11.  Later I was told by the next postal employee, ALWAYS put tracking on anything to the IRS.  

Last Friday it was still between Salt Lake City and Ogden Utah.  Handed off on Sunday, to go 38 miles between those two places.  But on Friday it was still not there.  As of today, after 10 days, it still has not gone that 38 miles.  And the due date was a week ago.  I call the number for that IRS location just to see if they can say if it ever arrived at all.  And it had, it was scanned into 'their department', last Friday.  I  just wanted to know that it got there.  Nothing more.  I've gotten things in my hand that said they were not delivered yet.  I know postal tracking makes mistakes.  That it was possible it was there.  But with the IRS, that is not a game you wanna play.... maybe it got there.  You just have to wait long enough to give it time to be in their system, but not a month, cause you might be resending everything if it really is lost.  There is always something weird in my world.