Thursday, September 21, 2023

Let's start this....

Teresa Kogut - In Command.  A new start using the suggested PTP Mystic and dmc flosses.  This is Mystic lugana, 28 count, one over one.  Again, it's maybe the size of a postcard?  The pattern is four pages, and I've completed one page at least by this point.   There are 43 colors, some of which I haven't used yet.  At this point I am trying to start to fill in colors to be able to get to a page actually completed, but it is very shotgun to fill in sections.  I started the bottom right hand corner, and mostly worked to the top to finish the wing, which isn't actually finished.  There is a color called for that is the color of the material basically.  Stitching the lights on the fabric is not bad, but stitching the colors very close to the fabric color is something that seems like it should be final fill in, not a first color to grab randomly.  It's been a while since I did a piece like this, full coverage, but I have now started so many of her patterns, I'd like to finish something of hers, but I don't see that happening.  This was a pattern that I picked up as a stitching store was closing out. 

This week is now a year since my breast removal.  Been a weird year, that's for sure.  Because of my cancer type, my cancer feed off of my estrogen, so I now take an estrogen killer pill.  Which on a scale of possible cancer things.... this is nothing.