Monday, February 5, 2024

Stitching Away....

Harriet Salt - Hands Across The Sea Samplers.  Picked it back up again.  This is two skeins of floss used and about a quarter of the total design area.  I last worked on it two years ago in February, so it needed some attention, but it was just a random thing to grab from the piles of started stuff.  The next line up is some roman numerals, and they are incorrect, so I already wanna fix them.  She did the following, I, II, III, VI, V, IV, IIV, IIIV, IX,X - So 4 thru 8, but it would be easy to fix, and not change the spacing.  Funny cause she did a thinner line version right before it, same row, and that version is correct.  Doing it with DMC 550, on a antique white 28 count, one over one.  It looks like I messed up in that first row, but it is just the material laying weird and not flat for the photo.  It's fine.  Below is where it was when I picked it back up again. 

I don't mind alphabets, although these alphabets are not my favorites... But I always think, even if I hate the motif, none of the motifs are very big or long.

Peacock, Unicorn, Badger - Scarlet Letter.  Still have been randomly filling in on this one. This is where I am at the moment.  It's not put away...  but I do need a break from it.  And the Ark small design that I started from LaDDa, got tossed.  It just was not my favorite once I started adding the animals.