Monday, July 8, 2024

Filling in... 14 of 20 pages completed.

..
 Long Dog Samplers - Act of God. I have 14 of 20 pages completed now.  I did a few puzzles to take a break from stitching, but I'm back to working on this again.  I am working on the horse with wings area now.  On July 4th, I ended up going to the ER, and they said I had blood clots in one of my lungs.  And possible pneumonia.  I had pain and in my chest at my sternum if I tried to lay down, and couldn't breathe.  If I just sat upright on the sofa, not a problem, no pain.  If I tried to lay down, couldn't breathe.  And it felt like somebody was squeezing my right lung intake.  I called a friend to say I wanted to go to the hospital, and I sounded like I was crying, because I couldn't breathe properly.  And since it was July 4th, at 8:30pm, and the city shoots off fireworks downtown.  Which happens to be between me and the hospital...  we had to loop around a bit to get there.  But I was fine as long as I was sitting up.  But that is the lesson, I tried to just go to bed, and oh, laying down in the bed meant not being able to breathe at all... game over, call the friend, go to the ER now.  They kept me that night, the following day, and released me on the third day.  They gave me antibiotics, and heparin.  And I get to take the pill version of heparin for 3 months.  Now the kicker...  My breast cancer, which I am now a year past the end of my treatment....  I take estrogen killer pills, because my type of cancer feed off the estrogen I produce.  I didn't get along with the first version.  At three months, I would wake up with crazy knee pain, and cry it hurt so bad.  Then be just fine during the day.  Nothing wrong with my knee.  But after several days of that, I felt I would rather die, or do that entire chemo year again, rather than continue that pill.  So I stopped taking it, and in about three days, I was fine.  I called the chemo doctor, and they saids, - let's try another version.  So I start it.  I am on it 3 months, and the heart guy says, your pressure is too high, side effect of that pill.  I am a fat chick, but I don't have high blood pressure.  But since I wasn't tracking it, it WAS possible, and I always read high anywhere near medical anything.  So I took the pressure pills, and started using my pressure cuff.  That put me at crazy low numbers, like 89/51.  And getting up to pee at 4am, I was light headed....  and scared of falling basically.  Screw that crap.  I stopped taking both pills in January.  I had a colon test at the end of March, and figured I didn't want to deal with something else screwing that up.  So the day after the colon test, I started taking estrogen pill #2 again.  Now I was at 3 months and 1 week after restarting that pill, and this happens.  So I start asking, is this a possible side effect of that stupid estrogen killer pill?  Well, it IS....   but it is very rare.   Hi, nice to meet you, I'm gonna bet I'm stupidly rare.  And see, they don't really know I took that three month break.  And they found something else for the chemo doctor to check....  So rather than seeing her in early August, I get to go back sooner.  So there is a third version of estrogen killer pills.  But so far, the pills to kill my estrogen appear to be trying to kill me.  And they just hit that 3 month mark, or slightly more, and I just have just dodge that bullet the first time with the heart guy.  But it got me the second time.  I did get a mammogram in June, things are okay for another year.  I looked at breast cancer shirts and things when I first got breast cancer, but I'm not the person to wear that shirt.  But I did find a coffee cup that said - 'Sorry your boobs tried to kill you'.  That felt like the closest version.  But now it's the preventative stuff that seems to keep trying to kill me.  I look at it that we learn from each other, and the more you know, the better off you are.  

And on July 3, I watched a lady drive off from a gas pump with the nozzle still in her car.  Yep, broke off at the nozzle, the hose was still pouring out gas like a large garden hose.  I know there are pump emergency shut offs, but I didn't know where they were at that gas station.  She tried holding up the hose, then dropped the hose, and went running towards the store with the nozzle in her hands.  She needed a better plan.  I needed a better plan.  So if this happens and you are pumping gas at the next pump over, what would YOUR plan be???   I was several cars away, parked, putting banking stuff away in my purse.  When I went to leave, she was leaving, so I was watching her leave first.... when I saw the nozzle still in her van.  And I could see her realize, and stop...  she tried, she just didn't have a plan.  We ALL need better plans.