On the doctor front, after the blood clot to my lung on the 4th of July, and being put on blood thinners for three months... I had said since this was my only weird blood clot adventure, I didn't want to be on thinners forever. So I took the thinners for almost three months, then got the chest scan again to make sure the clot was gone. And it was. But I even tried to do exactly what I had done the first time. I went to give blood 48 hours before the scan, because I had donated a pint of blood 48 hours before the clot. And to be fair, I felt really exhausted that middle day, so I should have known something was screwing up. But I had not donated blood for awhile, and after treatment, you have to wait a full year before you can donate. But there is a big difference from feeling exhausted, to blood clot on my lung and I can't breathe if I lay down, and somebody squeezing on my chest if I try to lay down. You can't tell if it is your heart, or your lungs. And you know, that if something inside moves, this can't breathe thing could also change in a heartbeat to can't breathe - period.
Things I learned... The time it takes to get that thinner med out of your system... two days. And I was trying to get covid and flu shots recently. My chemo doctor said she wanted me to skip the covid shot. She has had a few of her patients get blood clots after taking the latest covid shots. Since I did that WITHOUT taking the covid shot, why take the chance to do that again from a covid shot. So I got the flu shot, and will be avoiding the covid shot. I did get the free covid tests in the mail. Read about it here --- https://covidtests.gov/ --- and order them from here --- https://special.usps.com/testkits ---. The second site is the link from that first page with the information. And I did see somewhere that scammers have decided to try to collect info from making a page that looks like this, so be aware, and alert. You don't have to give an email, just an address. I ordered mine like the first or second day, and got them in less than a week. But you know if the government is offering free tests again.... something is coming that you might NEED free tests again. And if you read enough blogs, places where people gather, those people are starting to talk about getting covid again. So order free test kits while you can. When I had a few days I felt like crap, I finally grabbed a covid test kit and checked, just to know. Kids are back in school, the holidays of people gathering and exchanging germs, and people on planes.... and then we all go back to work and pass those germs. So tis the season to have covid tests in your home. Especially FREE covid tests. And please keep in mind, this latest covid shot might give you, or somebody near you, a blood clot. And I will agree, those people that doctor sees, are already medically dealing with cancer at some stage. But it is something to be aware of, if not for yourself, for the people around you.