Wednesday, February 25, 2026

Back to Stitching - again - finally....

 

Dasher and Dancer - Hobby House Press.  Got a bit more filled in.  

Hannah Wilson - Needlework Press. Picked this one back up, and added to it, but progress was slow. 

Last night I added enough to get across to the left side, and then prayed as I brought the side stitches down to meet the XYZ section.  And it was a relief when they met up correctly.  The bottom alphabet is the page break, so I was glad I won't have to stack pages, on my magnetic pattern holder.  Some of the alphabets are small and stitched one over one, but I already stitch the big alphabets one over one.  So I am filling in the big stuff, and then I will add something else to fill in if it looks goofy.

I have not been stitching.  I started doing jigsaw puzzles.  And buying jigsaw puzzles.  Probably over 100 puzzles.  It was a nice break.  But I missed stitching, and have been trying to return to stitching again.  I have so many stitching projects started, I'd rather be stitching.  Picking it back up seemed to be the hard part.  

I turned 65, so finally able to get Medicare, but somehow that got screwed up, so I don't have medical insurance for last three months.  I have talked to Social Security, they told me what to fill out to fix it, and I did that around thanksgiving....  and I checked around Christmas to be sure they had the form, they do... but I was told it was still - "IN PROCESS".  Then I got another form in February saying, we see you didn't apply, but if you filed something after Oct 25, for GOD'S SAKE - DON'T FILE FOR IT AGAIN !!!!  So it had now been three months without insurance.  So I had an check up in January - and I cancelled that.... You get heart checks after chemo, I had to cancel that in December.  And in December, that doctor retired.  I do have the add on stuff.... the stuff that covers what Medicare does not cover, and I have been paying for that.... but you just know, if I end up needing medical care, it is not going to pay, because Medicare is not gonna pay first....  And my drug plan was supposed to start being auto paid from checking.... that did pay....  so they finally sent me a payment book to pay...  in February...  So I was already late paying January and February.... So there was an option to pay the entire year - so I contacted the back to be sure they had NOT paid, and I mailed the check - full year - same day.  Three days later, another threatening letter.... YOU HAVE NOT PAID...  So I call saying  - you JUST sent me the bill - the check is in the mail....  It has not had time to get there yet...  But it should be there in days, and when I mailed it...   DID I WANT TO PAY IT AGAIN over the phone???   no, I am not going to send you double payments.  THEN I get a phone call on the holiday last week.  The one where the banks are closed.  WE STILL DO NOT HAVE YOUR PAYMENT....  so I call back to some auto phone thing...  So do I want to pay again??? NOOO....  

The next day I call the bank - It's TUESDAY, after the holiday, banks are open again.  Did they happen to cash that check I mailed them?  YES, they cashed it last THURSDAY.  

So they got it and cashed it two days after I said it as in the mail, and yet days later, they call and say - we don't have it.  HUMMMM...  and just to be clear, I am paying for my drugs myself - not using the drug plan - my estrogen killer - is $24 for 90 days if I use the Amazon pharmacy.  $100 a year.  I do not think that is bad for a pill with no drug plan.  IF I USE their insurance plan - it is $46 or more - thru Amazon - for 90 days.  So I was not going to change in the middle of a prescription anyway.  The insurance prefers some other mail order pharmacy.  So I have been signed up with them since November, and have not used anything yet.  But they have their money for the full 2026 year, and I will watch at year end for the bill.  When I signed up - I signed the papers for it to start auto pay - but clearly, like signing up for medicare part B - it has not gone smoothly. 

I did start looking at the new next market stitching things....  I figured the cookbook...  then I saw the Heartstring Samplary  - All things wise and wonderful.  I have the other two patterns, so I am gonna have to order this one too.  I saw the fancy floss list was up already, except the two new flosses not released yet, I could order those - so I did - and just to you know - $100.  plus tax and shipping for just the floss, no pattern, no fabric.  I can't remember what I have for the other two patterns, but I know I have the patterns.  But I don't think I have them started.  I have lots of stash - and started things.  But if I find patterns that I love, I pick them up to support the designers - just because they ARE wonderful, even if I know I will not ever stitch them.  I don't buy the supplies for those. 

And after the months passed not updating this blog - I had forgotten the password....  seriously.  And I keep a book of passwords, but I had not written the blog password in the book - but in about 10 minutes, it came to me - and I wrote it down...  Sometimes things can just be slightly goofy.