Monday, April 29, 2019

Then was the ReStart...


This is PeliCan when I started it.  I was using a Colour and Cotton floss - on PTP Doubloon.
This is PeliCan when I RESTARTED it.  Same PTP Doubloon, and now using dmc 938, it's a dark brown, but this makes it look darker than it it is.  Crap camera.
Now officially, I admit I screwed myself up on the restart.  I couldn't get the stitches to come out, and I had a fat half cut, so I just flipped it around to start from the other end.  It was going to be less than half of the cut anyway.  About the second try to unstitch - I just scissor cut out the stitched corner - tossed it.
Then I remembered - and went - ah crap. 
Before I did this Courtney design in both the pattern way, and the mirror image way - I loved it.
That was also the plan for this pattern - so I would get....

And the fabric was big enough - till I scissor cut that corner out that I could not get unstitched...
Now - it's not big enough anymore.  So I messed up.  I am two pages of twenty pages completed.  It's the first skein of floss completed at the point I am now.   Which is all fine - I am happier with the dmc results.  But it wasn't the plan I started with.  What you can see at the moment is the bottom photo - lower right corner.  I now have more stitched on the restart than I did on the original start, but I have a long way to go.  If I had remembered, I maybe could have still gotten them both on there.  But I was most of the way thru the first page - when I remembered WHY the cut of fabric was soooo big.
I can still order more of the Doubloon - it might match - and it might not at all.  But I do basically have the butt end of the bird stitched - and figuring all this out - I felt a bit like the butt end of the bird too.  It's all good - most things work out in my life.  I can laugh about this and make fun of myself.  I also have the Knightmare helmet design - I planned to do that two ways too - and if I had messed up on that - more upset - so I'm good if I only end up with ONE bird.  Completed - it's 14 x 11 inches.  By the time it is complete, once might be enough.  Maybe a second bird still fits on this fabric - but wow the side margins are narrower.  The plan NOW is - I'm going to just stitch the ONE bird, and enjoy that, and see what that leaves me.