Monday, July 13, 2020

Let's Try The Reverse Image...

Okay, maybe I have settled and will stitch this one for a while. 
Courtney Collection - Pelican (Reversed)
Let me explain.  The bottom one is complete and is the pattern off the shelf.  The top one that I have started is the mirror image of the pattern.  So you can see the big open area on the left is now on the right side...  The birds beak tip is now on the right side...
It's still one big piece of fabric at the moment.  I had planned to do this from the start, then I took a small cut out to do something small - and thought - I am an idiot when I remembered the cut was supposed to do both.  I lucked out, and both would still fit, I just had to shift this reverse one slightly right to fit into the  fabric space I have.  There is a 6 inch gap between designs, for finishing later, so this is just folded for the photo.  I have the side stitched from top to bottom, and I normally start bottom right corner.  The little tie thread is just to mark where the actual page corner was to count from. 
On PTP Doubloon 28 lugana, 938 dmc floss.  One over one.  Still on my first skein of floss at this point. 
You can do this with any pattern.  Words would be an issue, but I seem to really like this idea with the Courtney Collection patterns.  I have already done this once...  That time I literally did draw the pattern reversed using software.  This time I took the pattern to a copy place and said - Mirror Image?  Reverse image?  and it was a minute and a couple of dollars.  I understand a scan copy image and saying reverse or flip or mirror would have done it...  my stuff is not linked that well to do that at home. 
The page count just starts now from the upper right as page 1. 
 But if you are curious as to what the result can look like - this is what hangs on my wall.
Courtney Collection - Bernadette.  Pattern and mirror image - both framed... 
It was worth drawing it out for me to get this, at least that first time.  Can you tell which is the original pattern direction?  Does your eye prefer that she faces left or right? 
Kinda neat right???  I think the original is the right hand side - but I am not sure anymore. 
But for people that want to stitch something and be slightly different, once you remember, Oh, I can flip that...  your stash patterns that can be flipped... all those Mira patterns....  lots of ideas... 
But I'm having fun with just the Courtney Collection stuff... and am doing Pelican reveresed, plan to do Knightmare reversed.  I have started the Mermaid's Folly the pattern way, but it would also be wonderful in a mirror image.  I didn't buy enough fabric to do that - but after I realized it would flip, I wished I had.  But it is something to keep in mind, and use to be creative. 
I was able to find the stupid boxes that With Thy Needle and Thread used for their patterns. 
I wanted the one on the left for the Baltimore Saltbox pattern that is below.  I ordered two.  And since they had it, I ordered the little chest box and the pattern for it.  And started that pattern.. 
Prices for these are all over the map. 
BUT - if you want the stupid box for the Baltimore Saltbox pattern below... 1,2,3 Stitch has the box.
$5.39 each.  Here is the Link...

I'm sure it has to be stitched the one over one on 28 count to fit...  And you have to paint the box or whatever...
And I did start the chest pattern... one over one, using suggested.
I will point out - if you look at mine, and the pattern cover photo... the blues are reversed.  The pattern says to do what I have done - the bird is darker... but the pattern cover photo is actually the reverse.  The bird is lighter, everything lighter blue is darker blue and darker blue are the lighter blue.  I had about this much done before I noticed.  So if you have this pattern, or plan to do it...  head's up. 
But I never would have bought this is I had not been able to get the silly chest for it.  But the place I got my boxes and chest, they are now out of the chest.  And the box is cheaper at the link I provided above if you are looking for the box.
But now I am really trying to fall back into stitching things I have already started.  Or at least stitch things I already have planned out.