Monday, July 6, 2020

Let's Start More Things...

 Real Comfort - A Jane Austen Sampler from Modern Folk Embroidery.
With just one day of stitching so far.  Stitched on 25 count Victorian Red lugana using white 12wt Sulky thread.  One over one.  It should finish at about 8 inches square.  This is side to side.
 Rebecca Nurse by The Primitive Hare. 
On 32 count Vintage Country Mocha lugana, two over two.  It's the suggested fabric and dmc flosses.
I am omitting the her name at the bottom.  This is side to side. 
Pandemic by Long Dog Samplers.
On 28 count MCG Textiles 28 Evenweave - White.
Using dmc 35, one over one, and the fabric was because I needed something slightly bigger than a fat quarter, and it was 20 x 27 and it should fit.  I am side to side at this point, and still on the first skein of dmc. 
Primitive Stocking by Carriage House Samplings.
This is on Vintage Country Mocha 25 count, two over one.  Using the suggested 5 NPI silks. 
This is just 3 days of stitching, and it is more than halfway.  I liked the color of the 32 count Vintage County Mocha used in Rebecca Nurse above, so I ordered it in a 25 count for this, and wanted the silks to be solid, so decided two threads.  The 25 count is a lighter dye than the 32 count, but it's working fine.  I don't usually buy the NPI flosses, but it used only 5 - at $5 each.  It should finish at almost 7 inches wide, and 17 inches long.
Like last time, I spent time starting things instead of working on already started things.
I am sure it is a reflection of my life, and the things going good or bad.