Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Finish #24 for 2020

Courtney Collection - Mermaid's Folly.  Finish #24 for 2020.  On PTP Brash, 28 count lugana, one over one, using dmc 310.  Used 8.25 skeins.  Pattern is 24 pages.   The photo is showing it much lighter more like Doubloon, and it is NOT that at all.  

This was how far 8 skeins completed got me....  just not quite there.  That was another 1/4 skein needed to finish.  And this photo is not color accurate either.  I would say Brash looks like a very soft tan suede.  It is 18.75 x 7.5 inches.  I know I wrote that I counted the weave and it was closer to 30 than 28 count, which would be normal dyeing process shrinkage.  I would still like to do the mirror image of the design yet, there is enough of the floss and fabric to do it.  But not right away.  I'm just happy to get through it once at the moment.