Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Year in Review...

The year in review...  I made a list of 'already started things', and hoped to make it a smaller number by the new year.  It had 87+ items.  I finished about 26 things.  Not all from the list of 87+, some were new starts, new patterns, pulled from stash.  Some got bought and stitched and were never part of any list till they made a finished in 2020 list.  Part of that 26.  So I wanted to touch and sort and make a new list... reset the mess for a new year again.  

Now I have 105+ started things on the new list.  Clearly I failed at just wanting it to be 'less than, not more...'.  But I also suspect it could have been worse.  And it shows this is exactly how I got to now over 100 things started.  I already can see 5 new starts in my head for 2021.  I do not wanna plan - no new starts -  I wanna still love stitching.  But I wanna try it again, grab from the already started pile.  As I sorted, I put several things in a basket I can leave near me and pull from to start the new year.  I have one that I want to restart... my pattern / floss and fabric choices are not working for the design.  I think the fabric and floss will work for a different pattern better, and the pattern needs something calmer.  It was nice to look at where I was on a few things.  I would know I started it, and be surprised as to what I had done, or think I maybe had more done.  Or think - didn't I already finish that?  Clearly not.  As I said before, it is not about getting exact numbers.  It's about wanting to have less things started by the following year.  This year, I kinda sucked at it.  But I'm willing to try again, no harm, no foul.  I decided I will also try to take photos of it when I pick it back up again so I can see progress.  I did like the stitch a skein plan... but also know I do have to keep my projects changing.  If I need a break from all solid, it doesn't really matter.  If I stitched the whole year and finished nothing - but I enjoyed it...  it's okay.  The point for me is to enjoy the stitching.