Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Songs About Glue...

This is the Linen and Threads 2020 Mystery Sampler.  This is as far as it get for now.  I need to find a replacement for two motifs.  One was the vase with a HUGE bird, and the other was the HUGE fly.  I heard someone say something about the Bee on it, I'm still going with it's a fly.  And weirdly enough, 2020 and a huge fly on it - TOTALLY FITS.  I looked a little for replacement motifs, but nothing jumped out as perfect to fill in.  So it's done, but not done.  And the skeins of dmc off to the side show scale.  Done with PTP Gingerbread 28ct Lugana, one over one, dmc 154, kind of a wine purple. 
This is Little House Needleworks - Battle Hymn of the Republic.  This was a new start, and a finish. Finish 23 for the year 2020.  Done on 32ct jobelan Colour & Cotton Treasure Map, one over one.  Treasure Map was an early Fabric of the Month, and the scrap I had left was perfect to use it all up.  The suggested dmc threads were fine.  When I was a small kid, still fit into the grocery cart seat size...  I used to sing this.  But being a kid, the chorus for me was....  Lori, Lori, Can I glue ya...  My mom told me years later that people looked, but she decided she would rather have a singing kid, than a crying kid.  So she let me sing.  I have no clue why this song, or where I would have heard it.  I can not carry a tune in a bucket, although it took a long time before somebody finally told me that, so I was probably not much better as a kid singing this in that shopping cart.  But I was happy, not screaming.  It was just a silly thing to stitch for me, but only because I have a slightly different version in MY head.  I do remember getting most of the other words of this correct.... I think he was 'trampling on the village'...,  but that chorus...  not so much.  Maybe I should add, we were not religious, so that H word was not part of my world, but my family did use glue.