Thursday, May 12, 2022

This, then That, then the Other Thing...

 

Salem Sisters 2 from Plum Street Samplers got started...  on white, which was a crappy fabric choice basically.  But I was enjoying stitching it, till I realized it looked like a stitchers first project...

Then I tried picking up from the already started stuff.... decided to try filling in pages, but I could not even finish filling in that peacock on the lower left....

Courtney Collection - Knightmare ( mirrored ).  Decided to start the mirror image of this one.  But I didn't last at this one very long either.


 This was Barbara Ana - Love Never Fails... which I decided to restart.  This version was on a sort of suggested color fabric, but her dress disappearing bothered me.  So I ordered two possible different fabrics, and it got restarted.

And this is the restart version so far.  My camera is not doing this color justice at all.  It is called Peach Rose lugana 28 count.  I would say it's a cantaloupe color.  So far, it looks really good on this.  And it's way outside my comfort zone of usual colors.  It would fit on a fat 1/8, which let me by a couple different odd colors to try.  So I started the projects by trying to put something on just white, and feeling disappointed I had picked that, and ended happy with trying a Peach Rose fabric.  Actually, I think I'm gonna like this fabric more than the suggested brown tone.  

Other than starting new things, which everything I started is part of a set, and a restart... and trying to work on something started... it was good.  But honestly, now I'd like to do a restart on that Salem Sisters design.  It's a quick stitch.  Doing it again after finishing this one, no problem.