Finish #7 for 2023. Used the suggested floss.Finish #8 for 2023. Used the suggested fancy flosses. My Big Toe Designs - Battle Hymn of the Republic. Started it, and finished it. 28 count antique white jobelan, one over one.
Carriage House - Blooming Basket. Using suggested dmc flosses, on PTP 28 count Vellum lugana.
Teresa Kogut - Bloomin' Hens. Using suggested fancy flosses on PTP 28 count Vellum lugana, one over one. It's about the size of a recipe card - so not as big as it seems. The bottom half is finished. And I am leaving off the bees.
Teresa Kogut - Nature. Using suggested flosses. Kinda wandering on this one. It's much bigger than it looks, even one over one.
I started radiation last week. I went to schedule getting my port removed, and be on his surgical schedule for after radiation, and then asked if they had surgery the next day, and if there were openings, and the nurse said yes to both. So I suddenly was getting the port out the next day before radiation started. Surgery on a Friday, start radiation on a Tuesday. But I was glad to have it out. So far I have done 6 of 30 treatments. The ladies there are very nice, and get you in and out. My hair has started to grow again. It is so short that I am still wearing hats when I go places. My body has lots of things to fix, and it doesn't happen overnight. They placed a sensor on my skin to check the level during my first radiation treatment. And it felt like a warmed stone. They warn me about everything, but said nothing. So I asked - was that heated? Cause I felt the same feeling on the second one. And the third one, I knew it was there, but didn't feel anything. The women assured me it was not heated. But I asked the doctor about it later. My body is a bit cross wired - I feel it on my skin, but I feel heat, and there is not heat. So a connection that is not really correct. Lovely. Cross Wired basically. But somethng I had not considered till the doctor said it. I still have numbness in my fingertips. Which makes stitching a bit weird. It was one of the last things I got during chemo, and I know it's a normal side effect. I think by next week I might start to get eyebrows again. I have had a few hairs, but the first ones back were the ones you need to pluck out and not in the line of your eyebrows at all. If you can't laugh when stuff like that happens... you are screwed with what happens to you during cancer.