Saturday, January 6, 2024

New Year, small new start...


 Carnation Sampler - Hello from Liz Mathews.  New Year, new start.  Just a small project from my stash.  Not gonna do the fancy border, I prefer it more simple with just the center area.  It's about 3 inches square.  On a 28 count antique white jobelan?  A scrap from my stash.  One over one.  Mostly dmc floss.  I would like to start the year with a finish. 


  Peacock, Unicorn, Badger, from Scarlet Letter.  Working on getting in the outlines for the open area.  Took a break to do a puzzle, and to do the small new year start.  But it's funny cause I really do want to get back to it all the time.  A day on something else is fine.  But after two days on something else, I just want to pick up this again.  Might be because it is on 25 count, not 28 count, making it just a bit more comfortable to see and stitch.  I haven't felt like there is something else in my stash I would rather be stitching either.  Or even really wanting to start something else.  Hence such a small start of something I'd consider very quick and easy.  I didn't find a new puzzle to buy on January 1st.  Gonna try to use things up, and not keep stashing more.  And that goes for life in general, not just stitching stuff.