Friday, January 12, 2024

Small Starts, and the first finish for 2024


 First finish for 2024.  Carnation Sampler from Hello from Liz Mathews.  Just keeping it simple.  Used the Weeks Taupe, as the dmc was darker for the bird backgrounds.  

Boo Sampler from Lizzie Kate.  A kit from my stash that I got for half price or less.  Two over two, which slows me down.  Using the kitted fabric, and suggested fancy flosses.  


How To Live by Works by ABC.  On Antique White 28 count Jobelan, using mostly suggested fancy flosses.  Again, a pattern I picked up from some stitching shop going out of business.  I don't mind stitching words, so this will probably be the next finish.   Stitched area should be about 6 x 7 inches when finished.  

I cut the fabric for one more start, but I haven't grabbed it to start it yet.  But again, just trying to start a few simple things to get a couple finishes in.  

It is gonna be crazy cold, and there is a bunch of snow on the ground, and I did the laundry yesterday.  So stitching is the plan.