Saturday, September 14, 2024

Finish #6 for 2024

 

Finish #6 for 2024.  The Goode Huswife - Old Alphabet Blocks.   Used suggested dmc flosses.  On 28 count antique white lugana, two over two.  Took 3 days to stitch.  It was fun to stitch, which is what we hope for when we stitch something.  

I did finish those birds on the bottom left, but trying to look up numbers that would work in the spacing was something I was not having much luck with.  So it went back in the pile again.  

But since I was looking for my alphabet books, I took two of my totes of started things, and pulled a few things out that were calling for me to stitch them again.  So I now have just one handy tote to grab from of things I want to grab again.  And I can ignore the rest for a while.  Although, there is one more that I can hear asking to be stitched again.  It's just somewhere in the other two totes.  I even found one that I was sure I had finished, that clearly was not finished.  I know finishing the one above looks like the obvious one, but I don't like the stuff under the tree, and I don't have anything else that is an obvious fit for that space.  So rather than get stuck, I just move on.

This is Mary Woodrow from Violets & Verses.  It was something I started while I was doing chemo.  Borders were easy to do while in the chair.  But I finished treatment, and this got tossed in the pile.  This month is two years since my surgery, which was before my chemo.  Some people do chemo first, then surgery.  I love all the funny extra letters, so I really do love the pattern.  Below is what it looks like now.  Just a note if you have the pattern, the U and V are reversed.  I corrected it before, but other things, like it not having a 10, I left per the pattern.