Wednesday, September 11, 2024

That, then the other, then something else....


 It has been a while...  I worked on Unicorn, Peacock, Badger for a while.  I finished the upper right corner fill in.  I think ithe top third is complete at this point.  But it got tossed back in the pile.

Worked on this for a short time.  Friends of the Hart from Plum Street Samplers.

Simple Living Sampler from Heartstring samplery.  I started the words, but the lettering was something I wanted to change just slightly, so the vines will have to adjust on the left side, meaning the words all have to come first.  It got tossed back at this point.  

After seeing this hanging in a flosstube video, mine had to come back out again.  This is where it was when I picked it back up again.  I reversed the bunny.  

This is where it is now after I finished adding the letters at the top, and reversing the rooster.  It's Heart's Content - Splendor.  I am using dmc 815 not the suggested 902.  

The Goode Huswife - Old Alphabet Blocks.  This was a pattern I added to another order, and am stitching it first.  It's on 28 count antique white lugana, using suggested dmc floss, and I'm stitching it two over two.  It was gonna be like 3 inches square if I stitched it one over one.  It has used almost the whole skein of the dark color to get to this point.  

I ordered fabric, and floss, and a pattern that I had liked a while back.  Nothing in the fall show caught my eye enough to order, so I ordered that old caught my eye pattern.  An older pattern I ordered used anchor flosses, and that took me a moment to figure out.  But I got the floss, and fabric, and it's two over two, because it has a silly one over one in the center, so stitching this two over two is a bit of practice for something I don't do very often.  But I am jumping around a bit from one started thing to something else, to wanting to start something new.  The Old Alphabet Blocks should get finished just because it will only take another day to finish it.  Three days total, and it will be done.