Monday, March 31, 2025

Another New Start....


 Rose Quaker - Stickideen von der Wiehenburg.  Another new start from my pattern stash.  Watched a random floss tube - she talked about stitching it, and I pulled mine out to start it.  This is only three days of stitching on it, and I have the side laid in.  Yeah, not complete, but just the one to fill in a bit more on the edge.  Using the suggested dmc flosses on a 28 count antique white lugana, one over one.  I had not started it before because I was not thrilled with the floss colors.  And doing it, it would probably not be my first choice.  But it's not awful, so I am just rolling with it.  I like quaker, so that part of it makes me hang in there with it, and got me to just start it, rather than debating.... should it all be darker?  All just one color?  The pattern is from when my local needlework shop was going out of business.  It is 8 pages, and I have no pages complete yet.  

Ink Circles - Quaker Geometric Puzzle.  This is basically the first skein of dmc completed.  I'm kinda random, but now I'm kinda trying to keep the light areas light, and the darker things dark.  Again, the camera photos are not great.  And I am not gonna fussy cut to get the colors to land.  And if you have wondered, is there any logic to where I start and stop stitching in any of these things?  At the moment, I'm sometimes trying to complete the skein of floss.  Or the page, or the thread.  Sometimes trying to complete the thread leads me slightly over into the next page.  But that is never a big deal, it is whatever happens is fine. 

I placed another order for stitching things.  A couple patterns, and the flosses I would need to do those, and another pattern I have from a magazine, and I know I have it started, but having the pattern might make it easier.  But no pattern could travel alone....