Finish #6 for 2020.
Plum Street Samplers - Blackbird Fraktur. On 28 count Doubloon lugana, fancy flosses.
This is a good photo - maybe not quite this dark or golden. Photo below is what it looked like when I picked it back up this week. A couple changes, but mostly per the pattern.
But you can compare and see my camera is sometimes way off.
Dutch Treat Designs - Needle Small with Magic Pow'r... A little more got added.
Blackbird Designs - Blessings Be Thine. This was a new start. And it's nearly done. I have a couple more leaves, and a bird, and a bit of fill in. This is just a - let's play with the colors - version. I decided to try a green fabric - this is Dusty Green / Olive Green jobelan. The pattern suggest white for the stars - but white doesn't really show up well in the normal version - I had thought it might on the green - it sucked - so tried Chalk - still awful. So went to a gold - that gold was too harse, so ended up with this third gold - it's Colour and Cotton - Midas. The green called for I had - but mine was more brown than green. I wanted more of a green for the holly leaves - so picked a Weeks floss called - Holly. The red and brown are the suggested.
I'm not really happy with the result. But you never know till you play and try. Camera is really making the fabric wrong - it's not quite this awful in real life.
1 day ago