Band Sampler by Historical Sampler Company
Got about a day of stitching on it, and I'm tired of looking at it.
It's going back into the started pile.
Below is where it was when I picked it back up again.
I just had the lower right corner started. I got to the left side with the numbers, and I got to the top. Well, my border vines are still missing at the sides and the top, but hey, for just over a day of stitching, you can tell I tried. The encouraging part is - it's not as big as I thought.
I can't say that I bought this because I loved it. I bought it because it was different than other things I was stitching at that time. It's still different than what I stitch now.
The Winter Is Past - Blackbird Designs.
This got two days before tossing it back in the pile.
This is one that I like the pattern, but when I started this - I started it on 32 count Oatmeal Floba fabric. I was willing to try new things, it's an evenweave... I stitch one over one on 32, it also comes in a 25 count, but again, I knew nothing about it yet. I knew it was cheaper than hand dyed fabric. It should have been fine - I felt the color / texture would work. Using suggested fancy flosses.
And then I stitched on it. And I kinda hate stitching on it.
This is where it was when I picked it back up this round.
I think it has to do with the threads are thicker, the holes you stitch into are smaller.
The stitches lay fine. I thought, maybe it's something wierd like not a 32 count, and I'm just feeling the fabric is smaller than I think - but I marked off exactly an inch and counted threads, and it's a 32 count. And it's not going to be a large piece, so I decided to power through it. I think it took me two rounds to get to this bottom photo point, because I do not find it relaxing at all. And I stitched on it a couple days this round, and obviously filled in much more.
It does look fine on the Oatmeal fabric - and I think I even bought some of the 25 count of this - and maybe over two threads - it's a whole different experience. I do like the fabric - I think it would work greatfor many patterns - but it's like a slow grind to work on it. I had thought maybe I was just in a mood when I worked on it before. But nope, two days this time was enough.
Progress. I'm making progress. I started with almost a 100 things started. It's not gonna be a finish or something I just stick with every time. The goal is fewer if I counted again, and to enjoy stitching.
1 day ago