Modern Folk Embroidery - Forget Me Not.
On Colour and Cotton - Camelot 28 count lugana - which was the January 2020 fabric of the month.
Dmc 938 - used 5 skeins to do the main motifs, one over one.
There is also an alphabet and numbers, but they are on the pattern as one over one.
That means I have to find a substitution or alternative. I have alphabets, but none have felt like they should be on this. I did get a substitute for the heart I didn't like - found it in minutes, stitched it in.
And I can't decide the color for that alphabet - so at this point - this is as far as this one goes.
Done? For now. Started it February 6, 2020 at this point on April 28, 2020.
I almost stopped with just a half of a motif left - literally four strands of floss and I finished it. But I had out another new start, and I had the first thread going... and decided to not finish this was insanity. So I put four strands in and was done.
My goal this month was to buy very little. Then at some point - lots of things made me stress out. And I knew flosses were getting harder to get, and it was gonna get worse. I had some mask material I wanted to order on sale - so I got stuff I wanted. But they were running out of stuff even as I was still putting things in my cart. So I was stuck with still needed a few flosses - so hello order number two...
She was adding this pattern to her site as I was on it. So I ordered it, and the two main flosses I was gonna need, and a few other colors the first place was already out of. And because this seller lives in my same postal substation area - it was crazy fast delivery.
Then I knew there was other just harder to get flosses - but they had dmc suggested version I could maybe get - and there was a sale...
So I got 107 more dmc floss that I thought would be the correct substitutions.
But today I was looking at a chart that uses one of those impossible to get greens - and the designer suggested some other dmc number - and I look at a different color - same thing not the same suggested numbers I bought. So maybe half of these are just wrong. I have some of the original versions that I can compare dmc to and decide. It's fine - it was all 40% off. A bunch of it is for specific things and is the correct numbers.
But I was still short a couple charts and one floss - so I ordered that. The one floss was the last one I needed of a list of discontinued Weeks suggested flosses. I had got the dmc to do the chart - but it would look very different with the called for - the Weeks called for were very multicolored. So much that it might be fun to stitch it both ways. But you can only do that if you buy that final hard to get floss. So I did. But mostly this shopping shows I hit my stressed out level. And I know some things are gonna be harder to get for a while. I have stuff to stitch - I have already started stuff. And compared to most people - I should not be stressed. This is kinda my normal life - home, not going out - buying just stuff I need - never in a restaurant - never out with other people. The mask is new - welcome to my world.
1 day ago