Thursday, May 7, 2020

This, That, Those Other Monthly Things....

Blackbird Designs - Small Token
A new start and a finish - #20 for 2020
Stitched on Doubloon 28 ct lugana, one over one, using suggested fancy flosses.
This photo is just to show the finished size. 
Jeannette Douglas - Alphabet Annie
On that same PTP Doubloon 28 count lugana using the suggested fancy flosses.
Again, a new start and finished in two days.  It's 4.25 by 2.5 inches. 
Finish #19 for 2020.  I caught the pattern on sale when I ordered something else...  There are lots of designers that might not be my overall style, but I like to try at least one of their patterns.
Started the Blackbird Designs - Summer, Autumn, Winter set.
On Doubloon 28 count using suggested fancy flosses.  I had one and three, and started to redraw it with just two birds, I was not all that fond of the middle.  I got as far as re-drawing out the alphabet to fit over two birds, not three birds, and just had not started it.  Then the design was re-released, and it was just easier to order the middle missing pattern.  But I had the flosses for it, and decided to start it, in the three birds, three pattern version.   But I'm still tossing around that I'd still like to maybe try my two bird version.  Mostly it just shifts things, leaves off the date and initials so the alphabet spacing works. 
And again, till you see something you already know, it's hard to tell the size from a photo. 
But it's tiny.  The middle pattern on the way, along with the couple of extra colors of floss it uses.
Once I saw it's not very big - then stitching a couple extra birds to try the two bird version seemed more reasonable.  Doing the alphabet twice seems like the more painful chore. 
Added the May section on the Linens and Threads monthly SAL.
Called - Friends and Family -, and designed by Fox and Rabbit Designs.
Finished the May section of the Modern Folk monthly SAL, and added more than the patterns have shown so far.  Called - Family Patchwork Sampler.