Saturday, February 6, 2021

Stitch or Shovel Snow...

Ink Circles - Modestly Sized Ship.  Filling in.  It has another row of pages going up yet, but it also has a matching border like that bottom section as part of the top row.  The plan is, I have these four things going, and I can just grab and swap as I get tired of looking at any of them.  There are only three photos here, the fourth project is the MFE2021 SAL - and I have January done, and have February yet to start.
Courtney Collection - Beasties (Mirrored).  The kangaroo got outlined and is filling in - except his head.  He has ears and a chin.  The boxes are just solid fill in yet to do. 
This was a new start - Harriett Salt 1866 from Hands Across The Sea Samplers.  It's DMC 550 on Ivory Jobelan 28 count, 1 over 1.  If you boxed this area up - this is two pages, about the size of a postcard.  Finished sized area should be 14.78 inches squared.  This is a use my stash project.  I'm not wild about the Ivory fabric.  But I needed something that was 20 3/4 inches squared.  And I had reds in dmc flosses, but I wanted something different than another red.  It's a wine purple, as are the wine reds I tend to use.  It works, but day 2, I sure debated about just ordering fabric or starting over.  Harriet is a bit tricky, she added a stitch here or there so you have to look at each motif and border sample to see.  And it's fine, she just was not symmetrical.  But on the upside - the little border things are pretty short.  This is two days of stitching on it.  I am trying to do it from the book, no working copy.  I think that forces me to complete two pages at a time and not wander randomly.   Started from the bottom right corner, as I do most things and then working up.