Saturday, April 9, 2022

Finish #6 for 2022

 

Finish #6 for 2022.  Courtney Collection - Pelican (reversed).  Stitched one over one using dmc 938, used 7 skeins, on 28 count PTP Doubloon.  

Just to show the project completed.  The bottom one is the original pattern version, and the top one is the reverse image that I just completed.  Same cut of fabric, same floss, both took 7 skeins of dmc each.  The bottom one looks a little wonky on the side, but they just are not laying flat.  It's really easy to get a mirror image pattern, and a good copy shop will not charge extra to do it.  

This was the first time I did a mirror version. And it's still my favorite.  The only ones I have framed and on the wall.

And also Beasties. These don't look like they match, but they do, it's just a weird photo.  I also have the original version of Knightmare done, and plan to do the mirror version.  And I'd like to do Mermaid's Folly in the mirror version too, but that's a big sucker, and I only have the original version done so far. But if you have a designer you like - doing mirror images - kinda fun.