Erica Michaels - We the People.
Colour & Cotton - Sampler Gold probably. With words in dmc 3781 and 829, and red and blue fancy floss. My second 2020 finish. What I changed: Dropped the date at the bottom, cause it is stitched one over one - and I already stitch one over one, so that makes the date something I would have to alter and I do not see the point. The dmc colors worked better for the words. It looks nicer in real life than the photo. I changed some of the spacing in the words. Extended the banner lines to match the length of the longer word at the bottom. I made the 'We the People' the dark dmc - it was charted to be white... which felt a bit too much like -We the WHITE people... and it tends to disappear into the fabric.
I started a bunch of stuff at the same time - and then got confused about what the fabric was - it's Colour and Cotton - but I used both Sampler Gold and Treasure Map - I think it's Sampler Gold jobelan 28.
Then started the Modern Folk Embroidery 2020 SAL monthly thing, Family Patchwork Sampler.
I used just the basic 28 count jobelan in Antique white jobelan and dmc 814 red.
Went beyond the pattern, based on the photos - so not sure yet. I enjoyed doing the 2018 one - so this took about 3 days, and since I just used stuff I already had - if I crash on it - not a big deal.
Tombstone Angel - Kathy Barrick - from an old Just Cross Stitch magazine.
Picked this back up - had just the bottom circles and a leaf plus a bit more started.
This is Colour & Cotton - Sampler Gold 28 count jobelan - and dmc flosses. When I started a bunch of random smaller things from magazines - this was part of that - things that didn't really get a photo the first time round. It's part of the - it's started, try to finish it plan. This actually was fun to pick back up - and the colors are a great combination. Maybe I was having a good few days of getting floss and fabric to match and started a bunch of things.
1 day ago