Sunday, January 19, 2020

Progress adds up eventually...

 Another finish.  #3 for 2020.
Christmas Ornament 2004 from an old Just Cross Stitch magazine, and by Blackbird Designs.
On Colour and Cotton Haunted using some fancy flosses.
It's about 2 inches square, and the tag is just to show the size.  Used dmc for the two colors in the bird.  Below is the photo of where it was when I picked it back up again.
Part of those, start a bunch of magazine things.  But a finish after round two, and just  hours of stitching.  The pattern has the word Noel in the left corner, I just added another star.  It also has little star snowflakes backstitch things - but again, stitching one over one - they would have been just blobs. 
Honestly, I wanted a new start, but could not find the floss I gathered for it.  So grabbed Samplers by The Scarlett House as my next - finish up stuff I already have started.  Decided the gray in the Q R needed to be something darker than the Barn Gray, so went to the darker gray, 3799, used in the bird pattern, and it works better - that will show up in the next time photo.  Decided to make a few adjustments in colors.  It's on the suggested Ale, but lugana 28 count, 1 over 1, so it's the width of a piece of paper , and 2.75 inches tall, about the length of your index finger.