Monday, April 12, 2021

And Then I Found...

This is Long Dog Samplers - Pot 4 Dickie (altered).  I did not put a stitch into this - but isn't it lovely.  Here's the story.  I went looking for Death By Cross Stitch from Long Dog Samplers.  My pattern and the stitching at some point became separated.  They were both in the multiple stuffed 'already started' bins, just not together.  I was using a working copy, figured they would find each other at some point.  And maybe in the second year of making my list of already started stuff, I had pattern waiting for the stitching part to show up so they would be rejoined.  So I was just looking for some big black stitching Long Dog thing, to show up, it did, I shoved the pattern in with it.  Patterns and projects get separated, it happens.  But most of my stuff is fine, but out of a 100, I might have 3, maybe even 5 things that are just not quite together properly.  
I had come across a photo of my Death by Cross Stitch - and thought, it's really not that far from a finish.  A big empty area, part of a triangle, top section of a box, and initials.  I can put a dent in that, even if I don't get to a finish.  If I grab it about three times - should be done.  So I went looking for it in the 'already started' stuff.  And I find - not this - but that first photo thing - 4 Pot Dickie.  Cause I had seen just enough of some large black Long Dog, and thought - that is Death By Cross Stitch, and shoved the pattern in with it.  But Pot 4 Dickie is nearly as big... It is a band type sampler as the pattern, but I wanted a wider version, a clearer showing of the bands complete and repeating.  And the name of my blog is Just Let Me Change That - for a reason...  So I widened it, and I have no clue what I did at this point.  But it's about out of fabric - so it's actually also really close to a finish.  But I put it back...for now. 
I searched a bit more, and found the stitching for Death By Cross Stitch.  And I finished the triangle part, and I finished the top section of the box... and I started that large empty box.  That is a 4 page area.  And I am filling in one of the four pages.  I can't make heads or tails of the initial backstitch letters.  I pulled out the original pattern and still can't see it enough to even guess.  I'm considering just finding some other font in that same approximate size to stitch instead.  Once again, some of the back stitch stuff I put in - some I do not, because I stitch it, one over one, on 28 count. 
 It is something else that got dated way back in 2016, which was the pattern date, but I've dragged it out way past that.