Thursday, April 8, 2021

Calling it Finished.

Shakespeare's Peddler - Christmas is Coming.  Finish #5 for 2021.  I think this fabric is Colour and Cotton 28 count Sampler Gold.  One over one.  Used mostly the called for fancy flosses except one, the fence / basket brown, I just didn't have it.  It's supposed to have a few buttons, just gonna let it be more plain.  When I picked it back up, what was left was mostly that fill in white areas around 'God' and the holly, and tree roots.  Also the farm area.  I was worried the sheep would be too light using that same white, so I grabbed the 'Grits' floss and used it, which was a better choice.  So just as an example, there are three different white flosses in just that farm area.  The snow and root area is Linen, the end of the house is Parchment, the sheep is Grits.   That Linen is only visible from certain angles almost.  Parchment was a bit more solid.  Grits is more solid, and a bit more bright. I just wanted it done, and was stitching with thread that is just hard to see, and doing it at 3am to 5am.  So those are not lovely stitches.  Those are - I wanna finish this and the thread is actually miserable to see - stitches.  Which  was exactly why I made the sheep darker.  Snow can be shadowed - maybe even should be shadowed for a lovely effect.  But a sheep should be more solid.  Unless it's a ghost sheep.  And the pattern date was 2012, so it was really easy to make that into 2021, and call it finished.  

It was pretty close when I picked it back up again.