Wednesday, April 7, 2021

What just happened?

With Thy Needle and Thread - Project Quarantine: Stay Home & Stitch.  A new start and a finish.  I can not even explain how this got started.  But suddenly the pattern from a purchase a year ago was in my hand again, and I thought, let's just take a quick look at the fabric stash... and there was a scrap of - not a clue what jobelan, 28 count.  And I thought, well..., certainly if it was the right size, you'd HAVE to stitch it, right?  Stupid right size of fabric for this pattern, and it just took 3 days.  Used called for flosses mostly. The white I used Grits since I didn't have the Arrowhead called for.  I altered a few things here and there... but it's DONE.  Finish #4 for 2021.  Finished size is 9.25 wide by 3.25 high in inches.  2 over 2, except for area in the hoop part, which is 1 over 1 on the pattern.  So this one was also not on my list of already started things, it was also a new start...  as was that mid-sized ship finish last time.  I'm starting to see why that started pile is growing, not shrinking.   But I fully admit, I'm thinking you HAVE to stitch QUARANTINE patterns mostly DURING a quarantine.  You know..., if you can....