Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Pages and Pages...

Forget Me Not - Modern Folk Embroidery
Finished 3 more pages, so 13 of 20 are completed, except initials.
It is approximately 10 x 12.75 inches.
Into skein four of 938 dmc.
After seeing the two color version that Stone Street Stitchworks was playing with -
using dmc 3021 and 300, I bought skeins of that to maybe stitch this again.  When I saw the floss I thought - really? - and considered that maybe I would like it if it was one shade more or less than those numbers.  But I liked the photo example, so I bought those colors.
Trying to consider what to make the letters and numbers, something lighter seemed like a maybe, but I don't think it would show.  Considered 3371, which would be the one darker than 938 but it looks basically too much like the 938 that I don't think it would show.  A deep brownish ruddy red might be nice, no clue what that number might be, but I have a color card.  Actually, that would be that 300 number again probably.  Which, see ---  that is a loop back to that other color way that makes me think - sure, let's stitch it twice.
Jenny Bean's Halloween Sampler - Shakespeare's Peddler.
This was an impulse to start, on the suggested fabric, with the suggested alternative fancy floss. 
Okay, long ago, a stitcher named Susan talked to me through this blog.  And she sent me the specialty thread pack for this.  Now I have also gotten the dmc suggested, and the alternative fancy flosses.  And heard Pam say, not enough black in two skeins...  she's right... which is why I will finish the border with the two Black Crow first. 
This is another one that is not my normal stitch.  It's 36 count linen, tried one thread, nope...
so it is two over two, and this is most of the first skein of Black Crow.  I have one 6 strand length yet, but I am corner to corner.  But it does mean I will need another or run short doing the center area.  Which is why I was not wanting to use the hard to find original suggested thread pack to do this one on a first try.  And I have enough fabric to do it twice if I am careful, and I was.  The challenge of course is - will the borders meet. 
It's started, but went back into the pile of now started things.