And next from the pile of started things...
This is Mermaid's Folly from Courtney Collection.
On Brash from PTP, and dmc 310. It's 28 count, but actually it's 30 or 31.
This is where it was when I pulled it back out again. Actually, I would have gone to this several times before, but it was lost in the stacks. Seeing it again at all was nice.
And as of today.
This is very deceptive. It's 24 pages, but it's only three rows. The end pages are 8, 16, and 24.
The end pages are half width. I discovered I could get to the upper corner, and have the height, but it's only 7.5 inches. I tried to stitch the width, I stitched to 18 inches, and I'm clueless if that is right, I did it based on something, probably counted the boxes. I sure don't remember. This is just under the first skein of dmc completed.
After all the talk of flipped or mirroring the other patterns, Knightmare, Pelican, it occurred to me that I could mirror this one too. The width is basically side to side on a fat half. Once I had the height, all I had to do was fold it over to see if I had enough to do it twice. I had remembered it took me time to decide on this fabric - it was ordered big to do this pattern. And I figure it is gonna fit easy peasy. Then I notice it's missing a hunk off the corner that I clearly decided to use for something else. Good grief. So I fold it and see if I have enough - cause it's not really very tall - and sure enough, I am gonna luck out and have enough. Proving once again, angels watch over imbeciles and idiots.
1 day ago