Thursday, June 13, 2019

Another Finish...

A Bee In Your Bonnet from Summer House Stitche Workes.
This is where I was when I picked it back up again. 
And this is it now finished.  There were a few changes.  Changed the suggested GAST Country Redwood to GAST Cranberry.  I used just dmc white instead of buying 'Oatmeal'.  The bee on the bottom is charted between the second and third flowers.  If I remember right - I just started it in the wrong place, and then decided I preferred it there.  Used the fancy called for flosses suggest for the gold and both greens, and the brown.  The tiny bee wings around the hive are supposed to be white, but white only shows on this fabric when on the bigger bee wings and surrounded by brown.  So if the bigger bees had brown edged wings, I just gave the tiny bees brown wings.  Again, the three honey comb looking areas - supposed to be in white - but they would not have shown on this fabric - it was then either go with gold or brown.   There was already so much gold, I went with brown.  I think it works, but I know honeycomb would not actually be brown, but if you can picture gold - you'll see it would have been too much gold.   
The finished size is 5.5 inches wide by 4.75 inches tall.  I have no clue what the fabric is.  My feeling was, if I had that much done, I must have posted before and said - but I can find nothing about it.
Mostly I am calling it finish number 10 for 2019.